Friday, March 2, 2012

South Beach QAL #1

I'm so glad you're joining me on this little quilting adventure.

You will have free range to make whatever your heart desires. I think I will use my little burst of sunshine landscape in my laundry room, which has no windows. It will add a little bit of brightness to my day...since I'm in there way too much.

picnikfile_MN49yQ

Anyway, the first thing you need to do is settle on your design.
Draw a few things up. You can start on a regular piece of paper, but eventually you will need to draw it on a poster board. It just makes life easier.

Poke around the internet. Google "Romero Britto" images and you'll see a ton of his designs. Do not copy his designs, but let them inspire you.

If you feel stuck on this, ask your daughter or son to help you draw something up. Or your neighbor or niece or mom. Whatever! Be free to make whatever you want!

Then you also need to gather your supplies. You will need:
-Broad tip marker or sharpie (You want it broad, so that it's easy to draw straight lines that are wide enough.)

-Poster board (Make this as big as you want. The finished size of the quilt will be the size of the poster board plus a boarder 2-4 inches, whichever you prefer.)

-Materials in various colors. Color on color prints work best. Or ones that have some graphics in black or white on them look good, too. You don't have to go out and buy a ton, just look through your scraps. But bright prints look better.

-About a yard of Fusible Interfacing. Your interfacing needs to be as large as your poster board.

-Scissors, Iron, Ironing board, pins, patience!

Ok, get your supplies ready and then start drawing up some designs and enter them into the Flickr group.

I can't wait to see what you come up with!

I'll be back in a few days with the next step.

picnikfile_SLHt4v

1 comment:

  1. Vi ayer su trabajo en el blog de Elison,tuve que hacerme seguidora de su blog.

    ReplyDelete